Here is how you can gain respect as a thought leader, generate New Patients, and provide a great public service.
Select a topic that will draw an audience. The “hottest” topic today is Sleep Apnea. Just google into the internet and you will see the widespread interest in Obstructive Sleep Apnea. People are becoming very aware of the dangers caused by the stoppage of breathing while they are asleep. They are looking for answers and very few Dentists are prepared to help them. Take a training course or a seminar, become knowledgeable in the signs and symptoms, the risk factors, and in the various treatment options. Sharpen your expertise.
Here’s how you do it:
Present a free seminar in your Reception Room. Select a date at least one month out so you and your invitees will be able to get it into your schedules.
How to Announce and Promote it:
- Have a “sign-up sheet in your office
- Send out email announcements to patients of record; ask them to assure their place by return email.
- Let each invitee know they may invite two friends or relatives.
- Place a large colorful poster in your Reception Room.
- Distribute flyers to local businesses and professional offices.
- Place a small display ad in your local newspaper.
Some Tips for your Seminar
- Present it in the largest room in your office- usually the Reception Room
- Prevent any interruptions – turn off phone ringers, etc.
- Have a “Welcome Table” with some juices and other beverages (sugarless, of course).
- Have your flyers, brochures, and business cards on the “Welcome Table”.
- Prepare a power point presentation with video.
- Subjects like Sleep Apnea are serious, but to keep the audience entertained, infuse some humor.
- Encourage interactive participation. Invite questions from the audience.
- Prepare some hand-outs for the participants to take home.
- These are just a few ideas. I am sure you will think of a lot more.
Objectives and Outcomes
You will be respected as a Leader and Educator.
You will generate New Patient leads.
You will provide a needed and valuable public service.