This is a MUST attend for any dental office that is looking to implement a Sleep Protocol, or learn how to increase existing Sleep revenues.
● Introduction to sleep – sleep stages, disorders
● Sleep apnea prevalence – why is there a need for treatment
● Sleep apnea symptoms/clinical issues
● Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office – protocol review
● Patient education; addressing key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea treatment case
● Prepare overnight home sleep study for select course attendees
● Hands on with Pharyngometer / Rhinometer
● Working with Sleep Physicians
● Download previous night’ s Home Sleep Tests study and review study data and sleep report with class
● Dental Sleep Medicine step-by-step protocol flow chart
● All appliances will be discussed -- Dorsal, Herbst, EMA, TAP, Panthera, Somno Med, Narval
● Appliance review – pro’s and con’s of all of the major sleep appliances
● Case presentations
● Medical insurance billing. Review of the latest codes, fees, procedures and recommendations from SGS experts who are doing this daily
● Dental Sleep Protocol recap from A-Z
About the SGS Course Instructor: Dr. Dan Tache
A native of Salem, MA, Dr. Tache’ has been practicing dentistry since 1975. He received his undergraduate degree from St. Anselm’s College in Manchester, NH, and his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in 1974. Dr. Tache began lecturing for SGS in 2006 and served as President of the Wisconsin Sleep Society.
For 16 years, Dr. Tache’ was in private practice in Houston, TX and served as a guest lecturer and assistant clinical professor at the University of Texas Dental Branch. During that time, he trained dentists in the field of tempromandibular dysfunction and orofacial pain. In 1999, he moved to Wisconsin and has placed the emphasis of his practice on the diagnosis and treatment of orofacial pain and TMD in Appleton, Green Bay and Manitowoc. Dr Tache’ continues to lecture locally and nationally on the subjects of orofacial pain & sleep apnea and the pivotal role now placed by the qualified dentist in the management of these serious modalities.
Partnered with SomnoMed