This is a MUST attend for any dental office that is looking to implement a Sleep Protocol, or learn how to increase existing Sleep revenues.
● Introduction to sleep – sleep stages, disorders
● Sleep apnea prevalence – why is there a need for treatment
● Sleep apnea symptoms/clinical issues
● Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office – protocol review
● Patient education; addressing key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea treatment case
● Prepare overnight home sleep study for select course attendees
● Hands on with Pharyngometer / Rhinometer
● Working with Sleep Physicians
● Download previous night’ s Home Sleep Tests study and review study data and sleep report with class
● Dental Sleep Medicine step-by-step protocol flow chart
● All appliances will be discussed -- Dorsal, Herbst, EMA, TAP, Panthera, Somno Med, Narval
● Appliance review – pro’s and con’s of all of the major sleep appliances
● Case presentations
● Medical insurance billing. Review of the latest codes, fees, procedures and recommendations from SGS experts who are doing this daily
● Dental Sleep Protocol recap from A-Z
About the SGS Course Instructor: Dr. Damian Blum
Dr. Blum has trained and studied under many of the top clinicians in the world for the past 30+ years. He began his journey toward becoming a dentist as a volunteer at the Sinai Hospital Dental Clinic. After graduating from UMBC with a BA in Biology/ Psychology, he studied at Boston University’s School of Dental Medicine, graduating with a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree in 1983. In the same year he opened the doors of his first private practice in Baltimore and later opened the doors of a new practice in 1987 in Ellicott City.
Passionate about education and sharing knowledge, Dr. Blum believes that if someone has the opportunity to learn something, they should pay it forward. Dr. Blum attends trainings and conferences year-round, sometimes as a student and other times as the instructor. He is also a past volunteer Clinical Instructor at the University of Maryland Dental School.