October (10/11/2019 - 10/12/2019)
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sleep Group Solutions
2035 Harding Street #200
Hollywood, FL, 33020
Note: Location may be subject to change.
Click Here to View Other Seminar Dates
Over 75 Dates to Choose from
This is a MUST for the dental team members involved in Dental Sleep Medicine screening and treatment. This 2 day weekend course will give the educational requirements to achieve Dental Sleep Coordinator Specialists Certification with the American Sleep and Breathing Academy.
Boot Camp Agenda:
- Become an integral part of the interdisciplinary dental sleep medicine team.
- This course is designed for the dental office auxiliary and clinical team members
- The Sleep Group Solutions Boot Camp, in association with the ASBA, is built around supporting dental team members involved in DSM screening and treatment. The program will provide a two-day, hands-on training dedicated to their particular roles in snoring and sleep apnea screening and treatment, as well as oral appliance therapy. The two-day program will fous on patient care, team coordination, case creation and presentation, marketing, insurance billing and collections.
This is a MUST attend for any dental office that is looking to implement a Sleep Protocol, or learn how to increase existing Sleep revenues.
● Sleep 101 – sleep stages, disorders and the need for sleep apnea treatment
● Sleep apnea symptoms/clinical issues
● Improving Case Acceptance - Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office.
● Prepare overnight home sleep study for select course attendees
● Hands on with Pharyngometer / Rhinometer for airway testing
● Working with Sleep Physicians and Building relationships with local MD’s
● Download previous night’s Home Sleep Tests study and review study data and sleep report with class
● Dental Sleep Medicine step-by-step protocol flow chart
● Oral Appliance Pro’s & Con’s: Dorsal, Herbst, EMA, TAP, Panthera, and SomnoMed
● Case presentations and How to Market a Sleep Practice
● Review of the latest codes, fees, procedures with medical billing and Medicare.
ASBA Dental Office Staff Boot Camp
Friday October 11th – A full day SGS Boot Camp, in association with the American Sleep and Breathing Academy, is built around supporting dental team members involved in DSM screening and treatment. The program will provide a full day, hands-on training dedicated to their particular roles in snoring and sleep apnea screening and treatment, as well as oral appliance therapy. The one-day program will focus on patient care, team coordination, case creation and presentation, marketing, insurance billing and collections and will provide the necessary educational requirements to achieve Dental Sleep Coordinator Specialist “Certification“
Taught by Certified Sleep Coordinator Specialist Rebecca Layhe
Become an integral part of the interdisciplinary dental sleep medicine team
This course is designed for the dental office auxiliary and clinical team members
Do you know that 80-90% of adults with OSA remain undiagnosed? Or that 1 in 4 of your patients is already suffering from OSA? Or that over 50% of children diagnosed with ADHD suffer from sleep apnea? Do you know about the ASBA-approved alternatives to CPAP? Most importantly, do you know that as a clinical staff member, you are in a unique position to recognize the signs and symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) because of the time you spend with each patient on a regular basis. The ASBA Sleep Specialist Certificate in Dental Sleep Medicine for the RDH/Clinical Team gives you the knowledge you need to add value to your licensure and the practice where you work!
Rebecca Layhe has worked in the medical field for over 20 years. She has experience in dental and medical practice management, as well as in medical billing, coding, transcription, and is a medical language specialist. She has extensive marketing experience and has worked recently developing the leading dental sleep medicine practice in Arkansas. She has a passion for education and marketing, lecturing regularly on the role of Dental Sleep Medicine in the treatment of sleep apnea.
Rebecca’s experience in the medical and dental fields allows her to understand the intricacies of integrating medical therapies and billing into the dental practice. As the leading dental sleep medicine consultant in Arkansas, she has a balanced understanding of business management, team building, and sleep medicine practice development.
Rebecca is passionate about whole patient care and understands that sleep apnea has become one of our nation’s leading health crises. Dental medicine and Sleep medicine work beautifully together to help save lives and improve the health and well-being of our patients.