This is a MUST for the dental team members involved in Dental Sleep Medicine screening and treatment. This 2 day weekend course will give the educational requirements to achieve Dental Sleep Coordinator Specialists Certification with the American Sleep and Breathing Academy.
Boot Camp Agenda:
- Become an integral part of the interdisciplinary dental sleep medicine team.
- This course is designed for the dental office auxiliary and clinical team members
- The Sleep Group Solutions Boot Camp, in association with the ASBA, is built around supporting dental team members involved in DSM screening and treatment. The program will provide a two-day, hands-on training dedicated to their particular roles in snoring and sleep apnea screening and treatment, as well as oral appliance therapy. The two-day program will fous on patient care, team coordination, case creation and presentation, marketing, insurance billing and collections.
This is a MUST attend for any dental office that is looking to implement a Sleep Protocol, or learn how to increase existing Sleep revenues.
● Introduction to sleep – sleep stages, disorders
● Sleep apnea prevalence – why is there a need for treatment
● Sleep apnea symptoms/clinical issues
● Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office – protocol review
● Patient education; addressing key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea treatment case
● Prepare overnight home sleep study for select course attendees
● Hands on with Pharyngometer / Rhinometer
● Working with Sleep Physicians
● Download previous night’ s Home Sleep Tests study and review study data and sleep report with class
● Dental Sleep Medicine step-by-step protocol flow chart
● All appliances will be discussed -- Dorsal, Herbst, EMA, TAP, Panthera, Somno Med, Narval
● Appliance review – pro’s and con’s of all of the major sleep appliances
● Case presentations
● Medical insurance billing. Review of the latest codes, fees, procedures and recommendations from SGS experts who are doing this daily
● Dental Sleep Protocol recap from A-Z
About the SGS Course Instructor: Ms. Rebecca Layhe
Rebecca Layhe has worked in the medical field for over 20 years. She has experience in dental and medical practice management, as well as in medical billing, coding, transcription, and is a medical language specialist. She has extensive marketing experience and has worked recently developing the leading dental sleep medicine practice in
Arkansas. She has a passion for education and marketing, lecturing regularly on the role of Dental Sleep Medicine in the treatment of sleep apnea.
Rebecca’s experience in the medical and dental fields allows her to understand the intricacies of integrating medical therapies and billing into the dental practice. As the leading dental sleep medicine consultant in Arkansas, she has a balanced understanding of business management, team building, and sleep medicine practice development.
Rebecca is passionate about whole patient care and understands that sleep apnea has become one of our nation’s leading health crises. Dental medicine and Sleep medicine work beautifully together to help save lives and improve the health and well-being of our patients.