This is a MUST attend for any dental office that is looking to implement a Sleep Protocol, or learn how to increase existing Sleep revenues.
● Introduction to sleep – sleep stages, disorders
● Sleep apnea prevalence – why is there a need for treatment
● Sleep apnea symptoms/clinical issues
● Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office – protocol review
● Patient education; addressing key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea treatment case
● Prepare overnight home sleep study for select course attendees
● Hands on with Pharyngometer / Rhinometer
● Working with Sleep Physicians
● Download previous night’ s Home Sleep Tests study and review study data and sleep report with class
● Dental Sleep Medicine step-by-step protocol flow chart
● All appliances will be discussed -- Dorsal, Herbst, EMA, TAP, Panthera, Somno Med, Narval
● Appliance review – pro’s and con’s of all of the major sleep appliances
● Case presentations
● Medical insurance billing. Review of the latest codes, fees, procedures and recommendations from SGS experts who are doing this daily
● Dental Sleep Protocol recap from A-Z
About the SGS Course Instructor: Dr. John C. Comisi
Dr. Comisi has been in private practice in Ithaca, NY since 1983, is President and CEO Sleep Focused Solutions, Inc. was the Founder of Dental Care with a Difference®, PC, and is an Assistant Professor at the Medical University of South Carolina.
A graduate of Northwestern University Dental School, he received his Bachelor of Science in Biology at Fordham University. He is a respected Key Opinion Leader, author, speaker and consultant who contributes regularly to the dental literature.
He is an Editorial Board Member for several dental publications and is a member of the National Dental Practice Based Research Network (NDPBRN), the Academy of Dental Materials, the American Academy of Cariology, the American Association for Oral Systemic Health, and the International and American Association of Dental Research.
Dr. Comisi is a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry, and holds Fellowships in the Academy of Dentistry International, the American College of Dentists, the Pierre Fauchard Academy and the International College of Dentists.