This is a MUST attend for any dental office that is looking to implement a Sleep Protocol, or learn how to increase existing Sleep revenues.
● Introduction to sleep – sleep stages, disorders
● Sleep apnea prevalence – why is there a need for treatment
● Sleep apnea symptoms/clinical issues
● Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office – protocol review
● Patient education; addressing key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea treatment case
● Prepare overnight home sleep study for select course attendees
● Hands on with Pharyngometer / Rhinometer
● Working with Sleep Physicians
● Download previous night’ s Home Sleep Tests study and review study data and sleep report with class
● Dental Sleep Medicine step-by-step protocol flow chart
● All appliances will be discussed -- Dorsal, Herbst, EMA, TAP, Panthera, Somno Med, Narval
● Appliance review – pro’s and con’s of all of the major sleep appliances
● Case presentations
● Medical insurance billing. Review of the latest codes, fees, procedures and recommendations from SGS experts who are doing this daily
● Dental Sleep Protocol recap from A-Z
About the SGS Course Instructor: Dr. Jason R Doucette
Dr. Doucette is a Nevada native that was born and raised in Las Vegas, NV. Further pursuing his education in 1991, Dr. Doucette ventured north to Reno where he attended the University of Nevada, Reno and received his bachelor’s degree of science in 1995. He then attended Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon where he received his Doctor of Dental Medicine in 1999. Due to his love for the mountains and the great outdoors, Dr. Doucette returned to Reno shortly after to begin his career in dentistry.
After his first few years in practice and countless hours of continuing education, Dr. Doucette developed a passion for cosmetic dentistry and began to focus on smile revitalization through the use of technologically advanced surgical/restorative cosmetic dental procedures. In 2009 after surgically placing dental implants for nearly ten years, Dr. Doucette successfully expanded his focus to the planning and placement of fixed-full-arch-implant-supported-prosthetics via CT-Guided technology when multiple implants were indicated to restore a smile. Furthermore, as a result of Dr. Doucette’s extensive training and background in comprehensive dentistry over the last eighteen years, coupled with his concern for every individual’s overall health, Dr. Doucette has become acutely aware of the vital role that efficient sleep plays in the optimal health and healing of his patients. Therefore in recent years, Dr. Doucette has become very passionate about heavily screening and treating all of his patients for sleep breathing disorders such as snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. Dr. Doucette continues to pursue excellence while remaining on the cutting-edge of dental and sleep health technology.