This is a MUST attend for any dental office that is looking to implement a Sleep Protocol, or learn how to increase existing Sleep revenues.
● Introduction to sleep – sleep stages, disorders
● Sleep apnea prevalence – why is there a need for treatment
● Sleep apnea symptoms/clinical issues
● Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office – protocol review
● Patient education; addressing key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea treatment case
● Prepare overnight home sleep study for select course attendees
● Hands on with Pharyngometer / Rhinometer
● Working with Sleep Physicians
● Download previous night’ s Home Sleep Tests study and review study data and sleep report with class
● Dental Sleep Medicine step-by-step protocol flow chart
● All appliances will be discussed -- Dorsal, Herbst, EMA, TAP, Panthera, Somno Med, Narval
● Appliance review – pro’s and con’s of all of the major sleep appliances
● Case presentations
● Medical insurance billing. Review of the latest codes, fees, procedures and recommendations from SGS experts who are doing this daily
● Dental Sleep Protocol recap from A-Z
About the SGS Course Instructor: Dr. Anjoo Ely
Dr. Anjoo Ely is a graduate of the University of Michigan Dental School 1997, one of the best in the country. She has been a dentist for over 20 years, and has been through several post-graduate courses in different fields of dentistry since receiving her DDS degree. Dr. Ely is a Member of the American Dental Association. Michigan Dental Association, and she is now a diplomate with the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Upon graduation, Dr. Ely was a clinical instructor at the University of Michigan Periodontology Department. Her emphasis on patient comfort as well as keeping up- to-date with the latest advancements in dentistry enable her to provide her patients with the best quality of care in the field. Dr. Ely has a wide range of experience in different areas of dentistry, from cosmetic and restorative dentistry to surgical treatments and root canal treatments.
Dr. Ely’s passion for Dental Sleep Medicine stems from her loss of her father at a young age due to suspected undiagnosed sleep apnea. Her passion is not just treating sleep apnea but also doing her due diligence as a dental professional by aiding in the screening process.