FOR THE TREATMENT OF SNORING & SLEEP APNEA
Dr. George Jones from Sunset Dental talks about how Dental Sleep Medicine Changed his PracticeFor more information please provide the following:Or call: 877-480-0049
This is a must attend for any dental office that is looking to implement a Sleep Protocol, or learn how to increase existing Sleep revenues.
- The untapped dental sleep gold mine in your practice
- A call to action: what you’ve been missing for way too long
- Opportunity in your community
- This isn’t your grandfathers snoring
- Deadly sleep apnea
- Alphabet soup of apnea – definitions & vocab
- How does it kill?
- Co-morbidities: sleep apnea red flags
- Nose to Neck – Where is the problem?
- Airway trumps all
- Signs, Symptoms & Clinical Consequences
- What to look for and scripts for patient interaction
- What to say / what not to say
- Initial documentation & sleep questionnaires – how to best use them
- Why a dedicated appointment? Goals of testing
- Patient education: raise your patients sleep health knowledge
- Airway evaluation – how and why to measure nasal and oral airway with Eccovision Pharyngometer/Rhinometer
- Live patient exam demonstration & hands-on testing of attendees
- Home testing vs. Lab testing
- No Barriers: how to use home testing for a faster path to appliance therapy
- Set up and dispense tests to volunteer attendees for overnight sleep studies
- How to read a home sleep test and PSG
- Download and review studies done on attendees the night before
- OSA Positive! Now what?
- Multidisciplinary team building – networking with MD colleagues
- Inexpensive things you can do and say right now to start off strong
- Sleep Apnea Phone calls do’s and don’ts
- Golden ticket for primary care referrals
- CPAP, Upper Airway Surgery, Weight Loss, Positional Therapy and more
- Creating the mutually beneficial sleep MD relationship
- Combination therapy – when is it an option?
- An objective way to predict oral appliance success and ideal bite position
- No more guessing
- Airway Imaging with bite repositioning jigs
- Appliance selection based on airway assessment and patient indications
- How to mitigate dental side effects
- Appliance delivery & adjustments
- Short and long term follow up plan
- A clinical case presentation that actually works!
- Take down barriers and set yourself up for success
- A Simple “hands-off” approach to getting paid and not overwhelming your staff
- Medical codes, fee structures and how to bill to maximize collection and reimbursement
- Medicare – the good, bad & ugly
- How to be a Medicare DME supplier