The SGS 3-D Airway Software package is an updated method for analyzing data gathered with the Eccovision Acoustic Pharyngometer and Rhinometer. This powerful software interprets the data collected and displays the results in 3-D. The 3-D Data can be measured and manipulated with simple mouse clicks making for a very impressive presentation to patients and physicians.
What is it ?
The SGS 3-D Airway Software package is an updated method for analyzing data gathered with the Eccovision Acoustic Pharyngometer and Rhinometer. This powerful software interprets the data collected and displays the results in 3-D. The 3-D Data can be measured and manipulated with simple mouse clicks making for a very impressive presentation to patients and physicians. The SGS 3-D Airway Software is the first software in the world that reconstructs a 3-D airway from acoustic Pharyngometer and Rhinometer readings.
Old Eccovision data and the new SGS 3-D Pharyngometer data
3-D Airway displayed over 2-D cephalometric x-ray
Before & after airways shown using pseudo color analysis to qualify specific percentage improvements
Single airway with measurement tools for mean, minimum and maximum cross-sectional area measurements.
Rhinometer reading shown with pseudo color analysis.
What are the features / benefits of using the SGS 3-D Airway Software ?
- Improved Presentation – Gone are the days of trying to explain to patient’s what the two dimensional lines on the Eccovision mean with regard to their airway! With this software pre & post airways can be loaded and compared side-by-side in 3-D. With the pseudo color analysis, seeing the improvement or change in the airway has never been easier! For a more impressive presentation the 3-D airways can be superimposed on top of a 2-D Digital X-Ray.
- Improved Data Analysis – The SGS 3-D Airway Software gives us measurements and analysis options that were previously unavailable. Airway readings can be compared on a point by point basis or via an analysis segment. This software can analyze large sets of data and create a diagnostic classification analysis which can identify abnormal airways.
- File Management – Because of the Microsoft Windows platform of this software, features that were not available with the DOS Eccovision software are now here. Data can be saved and backed up very easily. Saved ‘.air’ files can be e-mailed for review by peers or SGS technicians.
How does it work with my system ?
No changes need to be made to your existing Eccovision – Pharyngometer / Rhinometer hardware or software. The Eccovision system will remain as-is and be used for data collection. The SGS 3-D software will be loaded on a Windows based laptop or desktop PC. Tests performed on the eccovision are saved to a disk and transfered to the PC with the SGS 3-D Airway Software to be analyzed immediately or at a later time.
- SGS Eccovision Acoustic Pharyngometer / Rhinometer
- PC or Laptop running Windows 2000, ME, XP or Better with at least a Pentium III CPU
*3D Airway software is for research purposes only and should in no way be used for the diagnosis of OSA.