I was born and raised on a small farm in the Panhandle of Texas. I spent my early years chasing whirlwinds and dodging tumbleweeds. My parents were both schoolteachers and farmers. I have had an absolutely wonderful life and I attribute it to the value system my parents instilled in me as a child.
I was taught to:
– Trust God in everything.
– Know that I can never get too busy to stop and think.
– Believe that my word is as binding as any legal document I could ever sign.
– Do the very best I can, no matter how trivial the task may seem.
– Always respect every person, every thing and every place and leave them better than I found them.
– Know that honor is the greatest gift a person can give to himself.
– Believe in the creative potential of my mind.
– Appreciate humor and to think of laughter as a prelude to prayer.
– Value health and wellness.
– Know that prosperity is simply having peace in every aspect of your life.
– Understand that wealth is not a measure of how much you have, but of how little you need.